In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 WAYS YOUR SOLUTION CHANGES THE GAME FOR A SALES ORGANIZATION?
John: TechTarget’s data and insight products for sales called Priority Engine and Qualified Sales Opportunities are built on proprietary knowledge of enterprise purchase intentions and the specific people involved in them within accounts. We’ve become #1 in enterprise tech purchase intent data because these products change the game for sales in three ways:
- Account prioritization – Knowing which accounts to focus on in any given period (day, week, month).
- Buying team identification – Knowing exactly who, inside a target account, is involved in an active buying cycle so you don’t waste time chasing the wrong people.
- Better hooks for getting a meeting – Knowing what business concerns matter to the prospect and the features and functions they are most interested in. Also knowing which competitors they might be considering so you can position in the best possible way.
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 THINGS YOUR SOLUTION ALLOWS SALESPEOPLE TO DO BETTER, OR FASTER THAN THEY CAN TODAY?
John: Our purchase intent data platform is called Priority Engine because it enables sales people to better prioritize their call plans, their coverage within accounts, their outreach actions and their messaging. With our verified deals-in-progress product called Qualified Sales Opportunities, we’ve done much of the inside sales work for you to provide all the information necessary to have a super productive meeting. All you have to do is use is get the meeting set up. So as a solution, the two together allow salespeople to:
- Save time by knowing which accounts and people to focus on most right now.
- Maximize opportunity creation by knowing how to position and message your offering with respect to known prospect needs and attitudes.
- Grow “at bats” by seeing more of the real deals that are in play in your market, both within assigned accounts and in the market as a whole.
- Grow bigger deals faster because you know much more about the prospect’s situation so that you can shorten discovery.
- Accelerate and protect pipeline because you can see what research key contacts are doing and proactively reach out with additional help for them from your team.
NANCY: DESCRIBE THE FIRST 30 DAYS AFTER A COMPANY PURCHASES YOUR SOLUTION.
John: With both elements of our solution, clients can see value practically instantly because they can access demand they otherwise wouldn’t have known about. The volume of this demand is usually significant because our 140 hyper-granular B2B tech websites are super popular with enterprise buyers, far more than any individual vendor site.
On top of this, we provide support specialists for more advanced set-ups, such as how you want your integration with CRM and your sales automation to work. Likewise, to help you leverage the information into higher-performing outreach, our specialists help your people adjust their email and phone messaging to take the best possible advantage of this new level of insight. Furthermore, we work with your sales ops team to do things like replicate your sales coverages, so your sellers see only what’s going to make them most productive.
NANCY: HOW HAVE COMPANIES DETERMINED THE ROI OF YOUR SOLUTION?
John: Our clients see ROI on many levels. Our built in dashboards provide a quick summary. Working backwards from closed/won, they see more revenue in total and more revenue per account because they are accessing and converting more deals.
They see shorter sales cycles overall and better conversion rates at key stages in their pipelines because they are getting better insight into prospect needs and deal progress.
And at the top of the pipe, they see more opportunities, in total and, again, per account, because they have much better visibility into the active demand in their market. And when Marketing also has access to the solution, they become far more effective at both supplying and helping to enables the sellers.
NANCY: WHAT SHOULD COMPANIES DO TO ENSURE THE SUCCESS OF YOUR SOLUTION?
John: Our clients are most successful when, out of the gate, they leverage what we’ve learned from over 800 installations. We make this easy with structured training built in and delivered by human beings. That’s further supported by self-serve online resources. And our full-service account support provides ongoing guidance as adoption rolls out and the users want to expand to additional use cases.
Experience has shown that using the Priority Engine platform and the verified deals offering together maximizes revenue opportunity. Allowing access by all the players in the value chain – Sales, Inside Sales, or Tele-reps of all levels, and Marketing – ensures that as a company, you’ll wring the most value possible from your investment.
NANCY: WHAT ARE SOME GOOD RESOURCES IF SOMEONE WANTED TO LEARN WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK, WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING, AND PURCHASE CONSIDERATIONS?
John: Accessing www.techtarget.com is a great place to start. We’ve got more information on the products, and you can find lots of detail from our User Groups, webinar replays, videos, whitepapers etc. in our resources library which can be accessed here. Forrester, Gartner, and SiriusDecisions all know us well (we’ve provided a number of their reports on our site).
If you want to go deep on how well we know your particular market, it makes sense to do a call with one of our publishers. We have hundreds of customers you can reach out to.
You can find specific information about our intent-driven products for sales teams below:
- Priority Engine – https://www.techtarget.com/products/priority-engine/
- Qualified Sales Opportunities – https://www.techtarget.com/products/qualified-sales-opportunities/
- The rest of our product portfolio can be found here: https://www.techtarget.com/products
Since real purchase intent data is so different from the contact data many companies still rely on, and especially because it’s so different from the “surge” intent, we feel the best way to get your questions answered is for us to do a customized walkthrough with you so you can see what you get and how your use cases are supported. You can set one up for any of our products here.
NANCY: WHO BENEFITS MOST FROM YOUR SOLUTION?
John: We specialize in the enterprise technology space, across 100+ specialty categories. All our energy is focused on serving the very granular needs of tech vendors. Within this, we support clients of all sizes — from small, regional shops to global giants – around the world. OEMs and channel players alike are succeeding with us, across both Sales and Marketing (depending on their use-case needs).
NANCY: HOW IS IT THAT YOUR CLIENTS GET SUCH HIGH ROI?
John: Our clients are able to maximize their ROI with us for three key reasons:
- Visibility into their market – They access more real, active demand through us than they can get from anyone else.
- Efficiency and effectiveness – The solution is easy to use and the demand comes with both the detail and the support Sales needs to action it effectively.
- Continuous support and enablement – We have the experience and scale to quickly ramp client teams and enhance their usage along proven learning pathways.