In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
Nancy: What are the top 3 ways your solution changes the game for a sales organization?
Chris: SAVO is a game changer for our customers because instead of just focusing on solving tactical pains like helping sellers find content easier, we focus on helping organizations align the sales organization to strategic corporate initiatives and changing market conditions. Our core strength is handling complex sales environments with multiple seller types, geographies, business units, and complex products.
- Sales Transformation – We accelerate large sales transformations like M&A, changing sales coverage, or implementing a new sales methodology like Challenger to get sellers back to selling quickly.
- Go-To-Market Changes – We deliver content & knowledge about new products, market segments, competitive threats, cross/upsell opportunities, and marketing programs to sellers quickly to help them leverage changes in go-to-market strategy to win more business.
- Operational Changes – We help make operational changes to the selling process and ecosystem such as consolidating content systems, rationalizing the sales stake, and driving better CRM adoption.
Nancy: What are the top 5 things your solution allows salespeople to do better, or faster than they can today?
SAVO has the broadest and deepest set of sales enablement capabilities including content management and alignment, content delivery, content creation, buyer engagement, learning & training, sales collaboration, sales enablement insights, and sales ecosystem integration.
SAVO helps sellers to be much more efficient by helping them to:
- Quickly Adapt To Changing Go-To-Market Strategies – SAVO helps sellers get smart quickly about new products, competitors, market drivers, pricing, and messaging with our centralized seller resource center and dynamic playbooks.
- Automatically Receive Situational Sales Guidance – SAVO pushes specific, tactical recommendations and guidance such as coaching, content, and learning based on the specific sales situation that sellers are currently working on through prescriptive rules.
- Efficiently Create Customized Selling Documents – SAVO provides the ability for sellers to create customized sales documents using compliant, marketing approved content.
- Differentiated Engagement With Buyers – SAVO gives sellers ways to engage with buyers through e-mail sharing, buyer insights, and strong mobile capabilities that help provide a differentiated buyer experience.
- Just-In-Time Learning & Process Reinforcement – SAVO provides sellers with bite size training anywhere, anytime, as well as coaching and sales methodology reinforcement (like challenger) in their everyday workflow.
Nancy: Describe the first 30 days after a company purchases your solution.
Chris: The typical SAVO implementation lasts 4 to 12 weeks depending on the size and complexity of the customer. This implementation process starts SAVO’s “customer for life” engagement cycle.
The core team from the customer typically consists of an executive sponsor, a sales enablement catalyst, and a system administrator. Here is what we accomplish in the first 30 days:
- Tenant Set Up & Configuration – SAVO turns on a unique environment for the client, does initial configuration, and loads best practice templates based on information obtained in the sales cycle.
- Kick Off Call & Focused Virtual Meetings – SAVO has a kick off call to consult with the client’s core team. We discuss the client’s sales enablement goals and strategy, project timeline, and then conduct a series of online meetings to map the clients sales process and content.
- In Person Workshop – SAVO meets with the client in a live, onsite workshop to finalize the design and configuration of the solution.
- Working Prototype & Delivery – SAVO delivers a working prototype to the client for review by the broader stakeholders and sellers to get feedback and make adjustments prior to launch.
Nancy: How have companies determined the ROI of your solution?
Chris: Through the following:
- Seller Efficiency – 62% of 10,000 sellers reported that they saved 2-3 hours a week using SAVO, resulting in saving over 500K selling hours per year.
- Sales Productivity – Measured by the correlation of SAVO usage to changes in sales performance data.
- Quota Attainment – Reps using SAVO outperformed their peers by 70%.
- Deal Velocity – 30% reduction in deal velocity.
- Larger Deal Sizes – 4x increase in large deals due to new playbooks on changing market conditions.
- Lower Cost of Sale – 30% reduction through efficiency in proposal creation.
- Accelerated New Product/Technology Commercialization – Reduced the time to revenue from new products by 2 months resulting in an increase in revenues of over 19%.
- Content Adoption & ROI – Reduced content by 80% while seeing 80% adoption of the remaining content.
Nancy: What should companies do to ensure success of your solution?
Chris: Our most successful customers share these characteristics:
- Focused View of Sales Enablement – View sales enablement as a mission critical program in the organization instead of someone’s part-time job.
- Well Defined Charter – A Charter provides simple rules of operations and success between all the departments that contribute to sales enablement. A well-defined charter helps 73.6% of sellers make quota.
- Strong Process and Content Governance – Customers with strong process and content governance for sales enablement tend to have sustained momentum in adoption and usage.
- Executive Sponsorship – Strong sponsorship ensures continuing focus and participation from all parts of the organization in sales enablement efforts.
- Sales Enablement & Technology Implementation Roadmap – A clear roadmap for future programs aligned with supporting technology.
Nancy: What are some good resources if someone wanted to learn what questions to ask, what others are doing, and purchase considerations?
Chris: SAVO has great resources on our resource center.