In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 WAYS YOUR SOLUTION CHANGES THE GAME FOR A SALES ORGANIZATION?
CARSON: Mediafly is one of the first solutions truly designed with the salesperson in mind. While CRM and other data repository applications serve the needs of the sales manager, Mediafly focuses on making sales people more effective by providing them with the most current sales-ready content in an elegant application. That application allows sales professionals to organize, present, and share that content, and provide a more engaging experience with their customers.
- Mediafly provides sales organizations with the most efficient way to distribute and measure the deployment of new sales-ready content.
- Mediafly’s use of cutting edge technology like machine learning and the Mediafly Extensions Framework helps sales organizations be more effective in the field.
- Mediafly integrates easily into our customers’ existing environments to safeguard their investments in CRM and other solutions.
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 THINGS YOUR SOLUTION ALLOWS SALESPEOPLE TO DO BETTER, OR FASTER THAN THEY CAN TODAY?
CARSON: They are:
- Mediafly allows salespeople to access a wide variety of sales-ready content on the mobile device of their choice, whether or not they are online.
- Different types of content (document, presentation, video, web, etc.) may be combined by the sales person into a presentation that’s seamless to their customer.
- The system automatically tracks what content is most effective and provides suggestions to the salesperson on what content they should use next.
- Salespeople can quickly share content with their customer contacts and can track the consumption of the content they share.
- Sales users have the ability to quickly edit content to tailor it to the specific needs of their next meeting.
NANCY: DESCRIBE THE FIRST 30 DAYS AFTER A COMPANY PURCHASES YOUR SOLUTION.
CARSON: The first 30 days following the purchase of our solution includes the primary setup of the customers application. This involves loading and organizing content; branding and delivery of the various device applications; training for administrators and trainers on the solution; and integration to CRM and potentially the customer’s source of single sign on authentication. Our typical implementation runs between 6 and 8 weeks.
NANCY: HOW HAVE COMPANIES DETERMINED THE ROI OF YOUR SOLUTION?
CARSON: The ROI of our solution is somewhat industry specific. In those industries where salespeople make a high volume of sales calls, time savings for meeting preparation has often amounted to 2.5-4 hours a week. That’s time the seller gets back in their day and can use for additional sales calls that generate revenue.
For highly regulated industries, risk mitigation also factors into the ROI. What Mediafly is most interested in is making our users more effective. Every company has their top performers, but what if we could make some of the 2nd and 3rd quartile reps sell as effectively as those top performers? We seek to have our clients measure that effectiveness even if their business case was based on efficiency.
NANCY: WHAT SHOULD COMPANIES DO TO ENSURE THE SUCCESS OF YOUR SOLUTION?
CARSON: Three things:
- Involve salespeople in the solution planning process. Validate your decisions around content organization with them. There’s often a disconnect between well-meaning members of the project team from marketing and the needs of the sales person.
- Market the solution. All change is more effective when it is led, and executive support for the purpose and objectives of a sales enablement initiative is critical.
- Start analyzing the usage data produced by the solution immediately.
NANCY: WHAT ARE SOME GOOD RESOURCES IF SOMEONE WANTED TO LEARN WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK, WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING, AND PURCHASE CONSIDERATIONS?
CARSON: Leading analyst firms like Gartner, Forrester, and SiriusDecisions are covering this space. That’s a good place to start.
Trade events like Salesforce’s Dreamforce or SAP Sapphire have breakout sessions on sales enablement that include presentations from some really admirable companies. There are smaller regional or local versions of these events that are often free.
This guide on what sales enablement is and why it’s important in a digital economy.
Call Mediafly +1 312.281.5175
NANCY: WHO BENEFITS MOST FROM YOUR SOLUTION?
CARSON: Our solutions scale up and down the market well. We have some of the largest sales teams in the world on Mediafly like PepsiCo, and Molson Coors, but we’ve got smaller companies that have been just as effective on the solution.
You can catch Mediafly at the Sales Enablement Soiree in San Francisco, Sept 27