In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
This week I interview Jake Braly, VP of Marketing of Highspot on how to equip sellers to be effective in every buyer conversation.
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 WAYS YOUR SOLUTION CHANGES THE GAME FOR A SALES ORGANIZATION?
Jake: Highspot’s sales enablement platform gives sales and marketing teams the ability to equip sellers to be effective in every buyer conversation.
- Highspot organizes sales content using its proprietary Spot technology, which is a more intuitive way for sellers to discover relevant content compared to other solutions that use a rigid folder architecture.
- Highspot’s SmartPages give teams the ability to easily create sales plays, sales communications, and sales training so that reps have guidance alongside relevant and up-to-date content.
- Highspot has more than 50 certified integrations with CRM, CMS, LMS, productivity suites, web conferencing platforms, and communication tools like Outlook, Gmail, Outreach, SalesLoft, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 THINGS YOUR SOLUTION ALLOWS SALESPEOPLE TO DO BETTER, OR FASTER THAN THEY CAN TODAY?
Jake: With Highspot, sales reps can:
- Find the right content whenever and wherever it’s needed, whether from email, the web, within CRM, or on any mobile device.
- Create a personalized experience that gives prospects a single URL for engaging throughout the sales cycle.
- Receive real-time notifications and analytics that show when prospects engage with content and how long they spend on each slide or page.
- Prepare for any conversation with interactive sales plays, communication, and training that give reps actionable guidance.
- Understand what content is most relevant for any selling scenario based on its past usage, performance, and peer ratings.
NANCY: DESCRIBE THE FIRST 30 DAYS AFTER A COMPANY PURCHASES YOUR SOLUTION.
Jake: Highspot is modern SaaS software with a single URL for all users including sellers, content publishers, and system administrators. A typical rollout starts with a Content Mapping workshop that brings together key stakeholders to determine how content will be organized in Highspot. During this phase, most rollouts start with a small pilot group of users, as content is loaded into the system. Most organizations are fully implemented and onboarding their reps within 30 days after purchase. For example, 90% of Twitter’s 1,200+ sales team adopted Highspot within weeks when sellers saw how easily they could engage buyers with the right content at the right time with Highspot’s content personalization features, pitching capabilities, and performance metrics.
NANCY: HOW HAVE COMPANIES DETERMINED THE ROI OF YOUR SOLUTION?
Jake: Highspot customers measure ROI in three areas.
First, they measure the hard ROI that they realize as determined by the number of selling hours saved that were previously spent searching for and customizing content.
Second, they look at content marketing investment and determine how much unused content should be de-invested and moved into higher return projects.
The last area customers examine is sales performance impact as measured by average deal size, deal velocity, deal conversion, and quota attainment.
NANCY: WHAT SHOULD COMPANIES DO TO ENSURE THE SUCCESS OF YOUR SOLUTION?
Jake: To get the most from Highspot, we recommend building quarterly reviews that are oriented around best practice measurement of content usage and performance. We have a standard “Spot” scorecard that leverages Highspot analytics to measure content reach, content usage, content freshness, content effectiveness, and spot organization.
NANCY: WHAT ARE SOME GOOD RESOURCES IF SOMEONE WANTED TO LEARN WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK, WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING, AND PURCHASE CONSIDERATIONS?
Jake: We recommend prospective clients research online review boards. G2 Crowd is one of the most comprehensive review platforms, and it includes detailed feedback from users including average time to breakeven, implementation and rollout time, ease of use, and likelihood to recommend.
We also provide a complimentary downloadable Evaluation Tool that details specific product capabilities that customers should look for in a sales enablement solution.
NANCY: WHO BENEFITS MOST FROM YOUR SOLUTION?
Jake: Organizations with more than 30 sales reps will get the most benefit and value from Highspot. Our customers range from dozens of licensed users to thousands of users at our large enterprise customers.
NANCY: WHAT CAPABILITIES DOES YOUR SOLUTION PROVIDE?
Jake: Highspot’s sales enablement platform provides end-to-end capability to ready sellers and enable them to have the most effective buyer conversations. At the core of Highspot is a best-in-class content management system that was purpose-built for organizing and finding sales content. With Highspot’s enablement capabilities, teams can effectively:
- Organize, personalize, discover, and share content
- Prepare sellers for any conversation with readiness materials
- Engage buyers with personalized content and track engagement
- Identify best practices with end-to-end analytics