In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
Nancy: What are the top 3 ways your solution changes the game for a sales organization?
John: Seismic is an enterprise-grade sales and marketing enablement solution. If I had to limit it to three ways in which it’s a game changer for sales, I would choose:
- Seismic gives an unparalleled amount of time back to sales reps. Sellers spend an average of 30 hours per month searching for or finding content. Seismic helps automate much of the process of finding content by promoting it to them at the right time and helping them find what they need. If you have a team of 500 sellers, that’s an additional 15,000 hours back to them every month that they can now spend actually selling.
- Seismic levels the playing field for sales. We live in the age of the informed buyer. There are now hosts of resources for buyers to find information and conduct research before they interact with a salesperson. Seismic makes it seamless for enterprises to equip sellers with all the information they need to be just as knowledgeable, if not more knowledgeable, than the buyer about the buyer’s pains and challenges and how the seller’s solution can solve them.
- Seismic generates larger deals and shortened sales cycles. This is the key. With sellers spending less time on content and going into every conversation with the right information and materials they need to be a true source of expertise for the buyer, sales cycles move faster and larger deals are signed.
Nancy: What are the top 5 things your solution allows salespeople to do better, or faster than they can today?
John: Seismic makes sellers more productive, and it does so by:
- Providing all the content they need, whenever and wherever they need it. Seismic centralizing all sales collateral into one area, and then automatically distributes it to other tools where sellers spend most of their time, such as in their CRM, their email client, or their mobile device.
- Distributing only the most relevant content for a particular buyer. Through machine learning and advanced algorithms, Seismic distributes the right pieces of content to the seller based on a host of data, such as where the buyer is in the sales cycle, what industry or region they are in, and how other buyers in similar situations have engaged with content.
- Offering the ability for sellers to automatically personalize content. Seismic’s dynamic content assembly technology is unique in the industry. It componentizes content so that sellers can quickly personalize materials, such as a pitchbook or client review, with the relevant information, data, and case studies that are most pertinent to that unique buyer.
- Providing valuable buyer engagement data. With Seismic, sellers can see when a buyer has engaged with a piece of content in real-time, how long they engaged with it down to the page level, and whether they shared it with others, resulting in more productive and beneficial future conversations.
- Increasing the value of content used in buyer interactions. Meanwhile, marketers and other content creators can measure how content performs in aggregate and make appropriate, intelligent improvements to it. The result is that content used by sellers is constantly improving.
Nancy: Describe the first 30 days after a company purchases your solution.
John: There is no sales enablement vendor that comes close to matching the customer success resources of Seismic. With 125 people in customer success alone, we are able to give every client their own customer success team, a customized implementation and onboarding plan, and an ongoing success strategy to ensure that clients are always deriving additional value out of Seismic.
The first 30 days of these plans are usually making sure all the important sales content collateral are visible within Seismic and determining the right content tagging properties to ensure that sellers have the content they need, when and where they need it, within a month of signing on to be a Seismic customer.
Nancy: How have companies determined the ROI of your solution?
John: There are a host of ways, including:
- Eliminating the time spent creating content. With Seismic’s dynamic content assembly technology, clients are seeing savings of upwards of 98% on time spent creating content. That is time that can be focused elsewhere, such as developing relationships with buyers when it comes to sales or additional value-add initiatives when it comes to marketing.
- Increased returns on sales content investments. With Seismic in place, the entire content creation process becomes smarter. Marketers can eliminate pieces that they see are not being used by sellers or not being engaged with by buyers. They can highlight content to the sales teams that they see are performing well. Sales managers can have the data they need to help coach other sellers on how to better use content.
- Eliminating countless other sales content repositories that were in place before Seismic, thus eliminating associated vendor contracts, licensing fees, time spent on upkeep, etc.
- Increased return on other tech investments. Seismic offers ROI increasing integrations with other commonly used tools such as CRMs and MAPs. When Seismic is integrated within the rest of the marketing and sales tech stack, the entire technology investment becomes more valuable.
Nancy: What should companies do to ensure success of your solution?
John: Our customer success team is a huge strength of the overall Seismic offering. Customers who consistently exceed their goals with Seismic are the ones who actively take advantage of those resources and see Seismic as a true partner in their efforts. The goal is to focus on how Seismic can help sellers get better outcomes, not just a technology that helps a customer search for content.
Nancy: What are some good resources if someone wanted to learn what questions to ask, what others are doing, and purchase considerations?
John: I actively encourage anyone interested in learning more about the Seismic solution and the benefits it offers to hear from our customers first. We have a customer success story page on our site that would be a great first resource: https://seismic.com/solution/customer-stories/