In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
How to Guide Reps to Their Destination – The Close
Nancy: What are the top 3 ways your solution changes the game for a sales organization?
Larry: Today’s sales reps and sales leaders are drowning in data, tools, and processes. And as a result, they are spending more time entering, tracking and updating systems and reports than actually selling. This is where Olono “changes the game.” With Olono sales professionals can:
- Eliminate manual data entry and boost CRM data accuracy by automatically capturing sales details from email, calendars, web traffic, and other sales tools (70+ integrations available). Yes, I said it, no more data entry for reps.
- Improve pipeline visibility with a complete, real-time view of opportunity/account health from multiple data sources, presented in a single screen.
- Guide sales reps, suggested next actions, customized by role, defined by best practices, custom processes and machine learning. These are the steps that are proven to move deals forward—content needed, contacts missing, pain points that have not been identified, steps that worked with similar deals.
Nancy: What are the top 5 things your solution allows salespeople to do better, or faster than they can today?
Larry: Olono is your GPS for sales. It guides reps to their destination: the close, even if they run into a hurdle and get off track, because Olono understands every activity and signal that has occurred and can predict what’s ahead. The solution quickly gets them back on the route to success. Reps still drive the deal, but Olono is their map and assistant.
- Real-time, automated logging of sales activities in Salesforce.
- Ensure reps are following sales playbooks.
- Know what sales activities are working, and what’s not.
- Understand activity cadence by deal and rep; know exactly which deals are progressing as well as those that are stalled.
- Find hidden information from across your sales stack with a single search.
Nancy: Describe the first 30 days after a company purchases your solution.
Larry: Olono Actions, part of the Olono Sales Activity Automation suite, can be deployed in minutes, with simple one-click integrations to email applications, calendars, browser data, and other tools used by sales teams. While our intuitive UI means no training is required, our customer success team is right there with you, ensuring your team is getting immediate value in the first few days.
Week 1: Off and running.
- Align on goals and outcomes.
- Connect to Salesforce.com and ingest core data.
- Add custom key custom fields that drive the business and configure Olono Reports to visualize sales pipeline and opportunities.
- Align Olono Actions to automate and streamline key data entry preferences.
- Configure Olono Actions to encourage sales best practices.
- Reps and Managers actively using Olono daily.
Week 2: Onboarding
- Share best practices with sales managers and reps.
Week 3: Fine-tuning
- Weekly sessions to review feedback and share best practices.
Nancy: How have companies determined the ROI of your solution?
Larry: By the following:
- Improved quality and completeness of Salesforce data.
- Reduction or elimination of spreadsheets and other dashboards.
- Improved ability to properly identify stalled deals and adjust forecasts.
- Improve rep Average Quota Attainment (within two quarters).
Nancy: What should companies do to ensure success of your solution?
Larry: Olono is one of those tools where the more you engage, the greater the ROI. Because of its deep machine learning capabilities, the solution gets more powerful with each action. So the more Actions reps take and the more data we collect, the more steps, automation, and process recommendations we can deliver.
Additionally, we recommend customers decide where Olono should reside for best rep adoption, allowing reps to work wherever they’d like—a tab in Salesforce, a browser application and/or mobile.
Nancy: What are some good resources if someone wanted to learn what questions to ask, what others are doing, and purchase considerations?
Larry: Check out our blog (www.olono.ai/news), speak to one of our Olono reps, or ask for a reference.
Nancy: Who benefits most from your solution?
Larry: We support B2B organizations of all sizes and industries, but those with complex sales cycles benefit the most. The more data, tools and processes, and the longer the sales cycle—the greater the Olono impact.
Nancy: What do you think is the most interesting dynamic in the CRM market today?
Larry: While the numbers vary from analyst to analyst, it’s crazy that sales reps are spending on average just over 30% of their time actually selling. The rest of their time is spent on manual data entry, reporting, chasing down information and other tasks that distract from closing deals. Add in the sales stack explosion, and there is now too much data and too many silos that are negatively impacting results. Orchestration has delivered significant value to other segments and it’s time to apply it to B2B sales, eliminating the complexity so reps can get back to what they do best—building relationships and closing deals.