In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
How to Save Sales Reps Time so They Can Focus on Selling
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 WAYS YOUR SOLUTION CHANGES THE GAME FOR A SALES ORGANIZATION?
Vlad: Invisible.io offers tools and products which bring together Enterprise systems (such as CRM, ERP, Document management, etc.) with Engagement systems (such as Email & Calendar).
Sales reps can only sell as much as their productivity allows and it is really frustrating to see them doing administrative tasks rather than actual selling. Recent analytical studies show that nowadays sales reps are spending only 35-40% of their time on actual selling, the rest is taken by internal and administrative activities. Sounds scary, huh?
With SmartCloud Connect (the product, powered by Invisible.io) sales organizations achieve:
- Productivity boost: SmartCloud Connect brings the data from CRM to email and calendar sidebar. Sales guys are able to see and work with that data right when they communicate with customers and prospects, being better prepared for such conversations. That allows faster and smarter reaction of your sales reps while interacting with customers and prospects.
- Better data quality in your CRM: Communications of your sales reps are being automatically saved to CRM; your CRM data is being automatically updated – nothing falls out!
- Time saving: Sales reps should not worry about proper “reporting” of what they do back to CRM. They can stay in the environment they live and keep doing their main task – to sell, while SmartCloud Connect does the rest and makes sure that all data and activities are properly reflected in CRM.
As a result, after rollout of our product, typical sales orgs spend 20-30% more time selling, which is really a game changer and great boost to their sales results.
NANCY: WHAT ARE THE TOP 5 THINGS YOUR SOLUTION ALLOWS SALESPEOPLE TO DO BETTER, OR FASTER THAN THEY CAN TODAY?
Vlad: Let’s be fair – CRM is needed for us managers, much more than for sales reps. CRM helps us to see our reports and dashboards, so we can manage our organizations better. But it does not help sales reps to sell; it is still often only a reporting tool for them.
What we want at Invisible.io is to to change the software, not the people. Our goal is to let sales reps stay in the environment they live in (email & calendar) and automate all the routine of reporting their activities back to CRM.
At the same time, CRM is a “corporate knowledge center” when it comes to sales data, so we want our sales reps to have instant access to it and be armed with the data as they need it.
And this is exactly what SmartCloud Connect does:
- 360-degree view of your CRM data, while emailing / meeting with customers and prospects. Sales reps can see it, change it, create new records – do it all from within their email client, being either on their laptop or smartphone.
- Instant reporting of related activities back to CRM. As a sales rep is dropping an email or having a meeting, this is being automatically reported to CRM, in association with the right Leads, Opportunities, Contacts, Accounts and even Custom Records.
- Ability to use email templates from CRM while compiling emails.
- Show my calendar availability for easier and quicker meetings scheduling.
- Know what happens with the email once it is sent – who, when, and from where the person reads it.
NANCY: DESCRIBE THE FIRST 30 DAYS AFTER A COMPANY PURCHASES YOUR SOLUTION.
Vlad: Deployment and roll-out of SmartCloud Connect is really smooth.
There is nothing to install, it is fully cloud-based and it only needs to be enabled. It can be enabled in a few clicks, either company-wide or for a selected group of users.
Once enabled, all users will get the sidebar in their Email & Calendar experiences, which becomes their fully-functional window into their CRM. And it really is a contextual window – it shows only records from CRM which are relevant to the current email or event you’re working with.
SmartCloud Connect in its out-of-the-box configuration provides access to typical SFA records – Leads, Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities. Should the company have specific needs and processes – it is very easy to tune SmartCloud Connect and expose those records and activities, which are important, including any custom records or custom fields.
Additionally, SmartCloud Connect does automated synchronizing of Contacts, Emails, Events, and Tasks with your CRM. This can also be tuned with filters, rules, schedule to sync, etc.
Typically, there is no extensive user training needed, SmartCloud Connect is intuitive enough and users are perfectly fine with using the solution just after watching short video tutorials.
What is immediately visible within any Sales Org which rolls out our product is significant increase in number of activities sales reps are doing in CRM – since it becomes so easy, users are not skipping it as before. Plus, many activities are being auto-performed, ie. emails and events are stored as Activities associated with proper records; new Contacts are being automatically created once they appear in email conversations or being created by users in their Exchange, etc.
Another immediate (and ongoing) value is it’s a time saver – something which used to take 10-20 clicks now could be done in 1-2 clicks or even click-less and for frequently repeated tasks it is really a game changer.
NANCY: HOW HAVE COMPANIES DETERMINED THE ROI OF YOUR SOLUTION?
Vlad: Okay, how about these very simple questions, re: monthly routine of your average sales rep:
- How many records do sales reps create in CRM? (like create new Contact, new Opp, etc)
- How many activities need to be reported? (like report a phone call, save email conversation, store a document which was sent, etc.)
- How many changes are sales rep doing to CRM records? (i.e. adjusting Opp probability and stage dates, convert Leads, putting notes, etc.)
Each such activity is very easy to measure – it does take some clicks which equal to some seconds. If you look at an average month, such seconds turn into hours, if not days. Now, considering average compensation of sales reps in your org – how much does it cost for you?
SmartCloud Connect significantly lowers number of clicks and shortens the time needed or even eliminates it at all, and thus provides the ROI which is very straightforward to calculate. Some of our clients report hundreds of thousands of US dollars saved across the company thanks to our product.
NANCY: WHAT SHOULD COMPANIES DO TO ENSURE THE SUCCESS OF YOUR SOLUTION?
Vlad: The best is to find those routines which are in synergy between Email, Calendar, and CRM and those which are the most frequent. SmartCloud Connect is a very flexible tool and can be literally tailored to the needs of the company, providing the biggest value.
Here are just a few of examples you may think of:
- Automatically save emails and events to Opportunities (or Contacts or Accounts).
- Save attachments from emails into CRM (or into Document Management system).
- Auto-create new contacts, if Account with such alias is already in CRM.
- Auto-create cases received to Support alias and putting them into case management queue, assigning proper services engineers.
- And many more…
NANCY: WHAT ARE SOME GOOD RESOURCES IF SOMEONE WANTED TO LEARN WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK, WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING, AND PURCHASE CONSIDERATIONS?
NANCY: WHO BENEFITS MOST FROM YOUR SOLUTION?
Vlad: The solution is really agnostic in terms of size of the business and type of sales. I would say that if there is any logical synergy between what your team is doing in email and what your team is doing in CRM (or should be doing) – SmartCloud Connect can definitely help.