In this series, we ask Sales Tech Executives to describe how their solution can change a sales organization in a significant way. We call it Sales Tech Game Changers.
Nancy: What are the top 3 ways your solution changes the game for a sales organization?
Dave: DiscoverOrg is for growthbound organizations. Unlike other data providers, we offer a foundation of deep, accurate and constantly-verified prospecting data, so marketing and sales teams can take the quickest route to hit their next growth goal.
DiscoverOrg helps sellers:
- Identify their ideal prospect targets
- Prioritize who is most likely to buy something today
- Engage these ideal prospect targets with accurate direct contact data
Nancy: What are the top 5 things your solution allows salespeople to do better, or faster than they can today?
Dave: DiscoverOrg’s platform enables a company’s most expensive asset – the sales team – to build larger pipelines, drive better sales conversations, and close more deals. With access to accurate, actionable data on target buyers, sellers can:
- Rank and prioritize accounts based on their ideal customer profile
- Deliver buying signals to sales reps without interrupting their routine
- Serve up insights that help reps identify new opportunities and drive deals forward
- See decision-making hierarchy and gain faster access to key stakeholders
- Keep systems humming (CRM, Marketing Automation, Sales Acceleration) – with continuous, automatic updates and data appending
Nancy: Describe the first 30 days after a company purchases your solution.
Dave: Immediately upon signing up, a new client is introduced to the DiscoverOrg resource team, including a dedicated Customer Success Manager, who owns and point guards the relationship thereafter. New customers are also paired with a Customer Development team, Learning & Development team, and Customer Support team. During the initial days, these resources will proactively schedule onboarding sessions to help the new customer:
- Understand the organizational structure of target accounts and identify key contacts
- Review business challenges and desired outcomes
- Determine the metrics for success, and discuss strategies to get there
- Create a tracking mechanism to measure goals
- Confirm systems and help with integrations
Nancy: How have companies determined the ROI of your solution?
Dave: At the operational level, clients of DiscoverOrg can track the source of contact/account/opportunity data within their CRM, and tally how much new business revenue is attributable to data provided by DiscoverOrg.
At the strategic level, clients can perform break-even analysis on DiscoverOrg by tracking the annual data spend against the number of incremental new business deals required to achieve that break-even point. (This typically averages a few months after implementation).
Nancy: What should companies do to ensure success of your solution?
Dave: Companies who invest in DiscoverOrg data must hold themselves, and their sales management team, accountable for execution. It won’t matter how accurate and robust DiscoverOrg’s data is, if a selling team isn’t ready to use it in an intentional way. For example, customers can require each end-user to complete platform training, maintain a formal sales process for outbound prospecting, or use a dialed-in approach to email campaigning, etc.
Nancy: What are some good resources if someone wanted to learn what questions to ask, what others are doing, and purchase considerations?
Dave: The most efficient path would be to request an informational demo with one of DiscoverOrg’s account executives.
Watch this 3-minute video from Nancy Nardin. She quickly explains what DiscoverOrg can do, but specifically describes enhancements to our ListMatch tool.
For best practices and techniques for sales development, check out DiscoverOrg’s blog.
And for third-party user reviews of DiscoverOrg and other data providers, G2 Crowd is a great resource.
Nancy: Who benefits most from your solution?
Dave: DiscoverOrg’s ideal customers are B2B sales or marketing departments of technology (software, hardware, consulting) or staffing solutions. However, B2B sales and marketing teams of companies of all shapes and sizes can benefit from access to this level of intel on their target prospects.